- Calendar Survey Summary 01/31/2014 (English)
- Calendar Survey Summary 01/31/2014 (Spanish)
- Calendar Committee Executive Summary 02/03/2014
- 2014-2015 Calendar 02/03/2014 BOE Meeting Doc
- Board Approved Modified Traditional Calendar
Approval of the 2014-2015 School Calendar
- 180 days of instruction – 88 in first semester, 92 in second semester
- 189 teacher-contract days with the final day (Day 190) being comprised of four (2 hrs. each/2 per semester) conference nights during the year as scheduled by each local school
- 5 teacher workdays before the first day of school
- Takes into account state-designated testing windows and dates
- Holidays for all – Labor Day, Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Day, and President’s Day
- Thanksgiving break – November 24-28, 2014
- Concludes the first semester before the Winter Break in December – which prevents students from returning from the break with final exams and End of Course Tests (EOCT)
- Winter break – December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015
- Post planning 1st semester/Pre-planning 2nd semester – January 5, 2015
- First day of 2nd semester – January 6, 2015
- Spring Break – April 6 – 10, 2015 (coincides with most metro area districts)
- Last day of school for students – May 22, 2015
- Post planning 2nd semester – May 26-27, 2015
A survey was taken through January 29 to get public input on 2 different calendars.
The major differences between the two calendar options are pre-planning days for teachers and the first day of school for students. One calendar option begins the school year with pre-planning for teachers on Monday, August 4, 2014, and the first day of school for students on Monday, August 11, 2014.
*The other calendar option begins the school year with pre-planning for the teachers on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, and the first day of school for students on Wednesday, August 6, 2014.