At the business meeting last week, the Board of Education approved Phase III of the Central Office Reorganization to include the appointment of senior-level personnel, reclassification of existing positions, creation of new positions, elimination of existing positions, and the realignment of existing positions.
ReOrganizations To Date
Phase I – (DEC 2015)
Phase II – (MAR 2016)
Phase III – (APR 2016)
Hire Senior Level Personnel
|Lisa Martin – ( resume) (Chief Academic and Accountability Officer – start date of June 1, 2016) – Ms. Martin has been the Superintendent and Associate Superintendent for various school districts across the South East over the last 5 years.|
|Chezia Calloway – ( resume) (Executive Director, Exceptional Education – start date of August 22, 2016) – Ms. Calloway was in the Maryland Department of Education for 5 years. She has been the last few years in Bermuda where she was Assistant Director of Student Services before coming to DeKalb.|
ReOrg Phase III
Phase III of the reorganization flattens the layers of bureaucracy through decentralization, placing critical human capital and operations services in the field with the regional superintendent.
Elimination of Existing Positions
Any existing personnel in eliminated positions are encouraged to apply for currently open positions. Employment, however, is not guaranteed and open positions will be filled with the most qualified applicant.
- Director of Transportation Operations
- Manager, Compensation
- Manager, Insurance
- Manager, HR Technology for IS (vacant position)
Creation of New Positions
- Manager, Human Capital (for Central Office)
- Administrative Assistant (supporting the Director, Total Rewards)
- Manager, Compensation and Insurance
- Specialist II, Talent Management
- Regional Transportation Manager – 3 positions (Each region will have a transportation manager who works directly with the Region Superintendent and is responsible for the management and communication with the schools and parents in that region regarding transportation matters).
Reclassification of Existing Positions
- Director, Total Rewards (formerly Director, Staff Services)
- Regional Facilities Maintenance Supervisors – 5 positions (formerly Skill Trade Supervisors for Building & Grounds, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Audio/Visual)
- Regional Transportation Manager – 2 positions (formerly Transportation Operations Manager)
- Director of Fleet and Special Transportation Operations (formerly Director of Fleet Services)
- Lead Bus Drivers – 12 positions (formerly Field Support Liaisons)