Comprehensive Arts School at Former Avondale Middle School
$3.1 million – Current budget for Arts School at Former Avondale MS
$8.5 million – Revised budget
Cost: $8.5 million
* Combine DESA and DSA at the Avondale Middle site with the funding necessary to build a new high school wing.
* The plan would focus on a comprehensive K-12 arts program with spaces for academics and arts at all grade levels with the addition of a 400-500 seat theater.
* If the plan is approved, the design and construction process would begin, with an anticipated move date of Fall 2019.
* DCSD plans to address road access to the site, curriculum needs, staffing, and unique arts programming concerns if the plan is approved.
Cost: $3.9 million (original)
* DESA stays at Avondale Middle and DSA stays at Avondale High.
* DESA receives funding for an auditorium at Avondale Middle, which may be shared by DSA and DESA for large performances.
* DSA is considered for SPLOST V funding for “minor renovation” at Avondale High.