It is requested that the Board of Education approve the appointment of Dr. Triscilla B. Weaver as Regional Superintendent (Region 4), effective Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
Dr. Weaver previously served as Principal at Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School.
Triscilla B. Weaver
An energetic and results oriented educator seeking district level instructional leadership opportunities with DeKalb County Schools.
DEKALB COUNTY SCHOOLS
Principal, Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School 2009 – Present
Principal, Miller Grove Middle School 2003 – 2009
• Supervises the overall educational environment for approximately 1000 students, 85 faculty members, and 30 staff members.
• Provides leadership in the improvement of the total educational program within the school and classrooms.
• Utilizes to the fullest, all resources of the school system and the community in developing effective educational program.
• Coordinates, organizes, and facilitates instructional activities designed to maximize learning opportunities for students.
• Motivates professional improvement through a well-planned in-service training program for the faculty and staff.
• Develops partnerships with community-based organizations to foster additional support for school-wide initiatives.
• Identifies, analyzes, and applies research findings to promote school improvement.
• Interviews, selects, and oversees the orientation of all new faculty members, insuring that these new members are familiar with school philosophy, texts, guides, personnel policies and school financing.
• Fosters collegiality and team building among staff members.
• Communicates and promotes expectations for high level performance to staff and students.
• Evaluates instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
• Administers the budget appropriation allocated to the school.
• Implements the policies of the school committees and the directives of the Superintendent.
• Ensures the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school building and its contents.
• Promotes safety in the school by having a systematic safety program.
• Demonstrates professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
• Serves as a role model for all campus staff.
Assistant Principal of Instruction, Stepbenson Middle Scbool 2000 – 2003
• Oversaw the overall educational environment for approximately 1200 students, 90 faculty members, and 30 staff members.
• Provided leadership in the improvement of the total educational program within the school and classrooms.
• Utilized to the fullest, all resources of the school system and the community in developing effective educational program.
• Coordinated, organized, and facilitated instructional activities designed to maximize learning opportunities for students.
• Stimulated professional improvement through a well-planned in-service training program for the faculty and staff.
• Identified, analyzed, and applied research findings to promote school improvement.
• Interviewed, recommended, and oversaw the orientation of all new faculty members, insuring that these new members are familiar with school philosophy, texts, guides, personnel policies and school financing.
• Fostered collegiality and team building among staff members.
• Communicated and promoted expectations for high level performance to staff and students.
• Evaluated instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
• Implemented the policies of the school committees and the directives of the Superintendent.
• Supervised the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school building and its contents.
• Promoted safety in the school by having a systematic safety program.
• Demonstrated professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
• Served as a role model for all campus staff.
Mathematics Department Chair, Stephenson Middle School 1999 – 2000
• Provided instructional support and guidance to members of the mathematics department.
• Served as member of school-wide leadership team.
• Collaborated with teachers to develop departmental goals and milestones.
• Develop opportunities for faculty to enhance instructional practices through professional development.
• Administered various types of assessment to monitor student progress.
Mathematics Teacher, Stephenson Middle School 1996 – 2000
Matbematics Teacher, Miller Grove Middle School 1991-1996
• Provided research based, grade appropriate instruction to middle and junior high mathematics students.
• Prepared lessons and instructional materials to facilitate student learning.
• Coordinated parent teacher conference to review students’ performance and behavior.
• Attended faculty meetings and training sessions.
• Administered various types of assessment to monitor student progress.
- Announcement – Compensation & Classification Salary Adjustments
- Update On Phase 2 Salary Steps for All Staff
- Chamblee Redistricting Superintendent Recommendation
- Dunwoody 7-Year Enrollment Forecasts
- 2019 Salary Schedules And Comparison
- New Step Structures for DeKalb Teachers
- 2018 CCRPI
- Chamblee Redistricting Options – Meeting 3
- College Admissions 101
- Graduation Schedule – DeKalb Schools Class of 2019
- DeKalb Schools 2018 CCRPI Scores
- Visitor and Volunteer Policy – Part II
- Chamblee Redistricting Options – Meeting 2
- Make Chamblee Charter HS Better Not Bigger
- Free Speech … For Some At DeKalb Schools … Part II
- DeKalb Schools Visitor and Volunteer Policy
- DeKalb Schools 2018-2019 Calendar
- Make Lakeside HS Better Not Bigger
- DeKalb Schools 2018 Graduation Rates
- Redistricting For Schools in Chamblee & Brookhaven
- News & Updates – 8/30/2018
- Delay in New Austin ES Opening
- School Readiness Report 2018-2019
- GOP Governor Runoff – Kemp has the Mo
- DeKalb Teachers Get a 2.5% Raise And Start Stepping
- July 2018 – New And Open Principal Report
- Chamblee German Teacher Controversy
- June 2018 – New And Open Principal Report
- Dr. Donnie Davis – New Peachtree Charter MS Principal
- TSA & Annexation – Legal Update
- School Councils Are Now Principal Advisory Councils
- City of Brookhaven Not a Fan of Briarcliff HS Site
- Support for DCSD Bus Drivers
- DeKalb Schools FY 2019 Preliminary Budget
- DeKalb Bus Driver Sick Out
- Location of New Cross Keys Brookhaven High School
- Where to Build the New Cross Keys Brookhaven High School
- Policy Input – Magnet Students Participate in Sports
- Dunwoody HS Trailer Park
- Metal Detectors at YOUR School
- Building Additions – Project Plan and Schedule
- Student Protests Wed – The Plan – County by County
- School Safety – What's the Plan?
- News & Updates – 2/23/2018
- DeKalb Schools New Hires
- Mega High School Construction Update
- Virtual Learning Make Up Days
- Adequate Space Requirements For Mega High Schools
- Student Chromebooks – Update
- Survey – Making Up Days Lost to Inclement Weather
- Lakeside HS Council Not A Fan of the Building Additions
- DeKalb Schools Make Up Days
- DeKalb Schools 2018 – 2020 Calendar
- Which DeKalb Schools Are Beating The Odds
- Protesting Cheerleaders at DHS – The Whole Story
- 2018-2020 Calendar Options
- Emergency Weather – What's The Plan?
- Atlanta & Atlanta Public Schools Annexing DeKalb
- Kids Doc on Wheels Medical Van
- DeKalb Schools 2017 Turnaround, Priority & Focus Schools
- Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremonies Schedule
- 2018-2020 Calendar Update
- DeKalb Turnaround Eligible Schools Trends 2015-2017
- DeKalb Schools – Free Speech….For Some?
- Adding Classrooms is Only Part of the Soluion
- DeKalb Schools Enrollment Capacity Data
- Concerns about Lakeside HS Expansion
- DeKalb Schools 2017 CCRPI Trends
- DeKalb Schools Extends Days in November
- 2017 DeKalb Graduation Rates By High School & Demographic
- Emory Annexation and DeKalb County Schools
- DeKalb Schools – Students Kneel During National Anthem
- Teaching Sexual Behavior Standards At School
- Make Up Days – Public Input
- Plan B – Make-Up Schedule
- Make-Up Schedule – DeKalb Schools
- School Make-Up Days
- DeKalb Schools is Back in Business
- School Recovery Report – DeKalb Schools
- Detailed Status Report – DeKalb Schools
- News & Updates – DeKalb Schools – 9/10/2017
- Google Classroom Vs VERGE – Feedback
- Where Is The New Cross Keys HS Going
- Carstarphen And APS Desire To Expand Into DeKalb
- DeKalb Schools Responds To Poor Curriculum, Assessments and Planning Templates
- Feedback – Curriculum & Assessments
- Trailers at Cross Keys High School
- Monday Solar Eclipse – The Plan
- DCSD Home Football Tickets Now Available Online
- New & Vacant Principals & Assistant Principals
- DeKalb Schools Digital Dreamers
- New Laptops For All DeKalb Teachers and Students
- DeKalb Schools Extends School 1 Hour For Solar Eclipse
- Meet DeKalb Schools' New Assistant Principals
- Tom McFerrin, Dunwoody HS Principal, Is OUT
- Meet DeKalb Schools' New Principals
- What is the Purpose of Public Schools
- Principal and Teacher Vacancy Report And Selection Process
- TSA – Summary Judgement
- Billboard Marketing Campaign