It is requested that the Board of Education approve the appointment of Dr. Triscilla B. Weaver as Regional Superintendent (Region 4), effective Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
Dr. Weaver previously served as Principal at Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School.
Triscilla B. Weaver
An energetic and results oriented educator seeking district level instructional leadership opportunities with DeKalb County Schools.
DEKALB COUNTY SCHOOLS
Principal, Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School 2009 – Present
Principal, Miller Grove Middle School 2003 – 2009
• Supervises the overall educational environment for approximately 1000 students, 85 faculty members, and 30 staff members.
• Provides leadership in the improvement of the total educational program within the school and classrooms.
• Utilizes to the fullest, all resources of the school system and the community in developing effective educational program.
• Coordinates, organizes, and facilitates instructional activities designed to maximize learning opportunities for students.
• Motivates professional improvement through a well-planned in-service training program for the faculty and staff.
• Develops partnerships with community-based organizations to foster additional support for school-wide initiatives.
• Identifies, analyzes, and applies research findings to promote school improvement.
• Interviews, selects, and oversees the orientation of all new faculty members, insuring that these new members are familiar with school philosophy, texts, guides, personnel policies and school financing.
• Fosters collegiality and team building among staff members.
• Communicates and promotes expectations for high level performance to staff and students.
• Evaluates instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
• Administers the budget appropriation allocated to the school.
• Implements the policies of the school committees and the directives of the Superintendent.
• Ensures the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school building and its contents.
• Promotes safety in the school by having a systematic safety program.
• Demonstrates professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
• Serves as a role model for all campus staff.
Assistant Principal of Instruction, Stepbenson Middle Scbool 2000 – 2003
• Oversaw the overall educational environment for approximately 1200 students, 90 faculty members, and 30 staff members.
• Provided leadership in the improvement of the total educational program within the school and classrooms.
• Utilized to the fullest, all resources of the school system and the community in developing effective educational program.
• Coordinated, organized, and facilitated instructional activities designed to maximize learning opportunities for students.
• Stimulated professional improvement through a well-planned in-service training program for the faculty and staff.
• Identified, analyzed, and applied research findings to promote school improvement.
• Interviewed, recommended, and oversaw the orientation of all new faculty members, insuring that these new members are familiar with school philosophy, texts, guides, personnel policies and school financing.
• Fostered collegiality and team building among staff members.
• Communicated and promoted expectations for high level performance to staff and students.
• Evaluated instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
• Implemented the policies of the school committees and the directives of the Superintendent.
• Supervised the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school building and its contents.
• Promoted safety in the school by having a systematic safety program.
• Demonstrated professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
• Served as a role model for all campus staff.
Mathematics Department Chair, Stephenson Middle School 1999 – 2000
• Provided instructional support and guidance to members of the mathematics department.
• Served as member of school-wide leadership team.
• Collaborated with teachers to develop departmental goals and milestones.
• Develop opportunities for faculty to enhance instructional practices through professional development.
• Administered various types of assessment to monitor student progress.
Mathematics Teacher, Stephenson Middle School 1996 – 2000
Matbematics Teacher, Miller Grove Middle School 1991-1996
• Provided research based, grade appropriate instruction to middle and junior high mathematics students.
• Prepared lessons and instructional materials to facilitate student learning.
• Coordinated parent teacher conference to review students’ performance and behavior.
• Attended faculty meetings and training sessions.
• Administered various types of assessment to monitor student progress.
- Removing Teachers From Region 1- Title I Comparability
- Spectator Guidelines for Spring Sports
- Class of 2021 Graduation Schedule
- Biden’s Executive Order Supports Reopening of Schools
- Dangerous Intersection In Front of Dunwoody High School
- DCSD Employees May Continue To Work Remotely For 30 Days
- Teachers and Students Are Coming Back To School
- DeKalb Schools Reopening Plan
- Regional Town Hall Meetings For Parents
- DeKalb Schools 2020 Graduation Rates
- Black Lives Matter in DeKalb Schools
- Giving Grace Network – Hardships For Children
- DeKalb Schools 2018 and 2019 Independent Auditor’s Reports
- Sept Survey Results – Updated Input on Returning to School
- Teacher Town Hall – My Notes
- Football Spectators – Billboards – Teacher Town Hall
- DeKalb Schools Is Returning to Face to Face Learning
- Re-Open Athletics & Schedule
- Booster Club Policy Townhall
- Formula To Calculate Moving To Hybrid
- COVID-19 Cases Trending Down
- Divisive Statement By Dr. Joyce Morley
- Conditions To Move To Hybrid
- Sports – DeKalb Schools Delays Athletics
- School Virtual Opening Update
- Professional Development Institute
- DeKalb Schools Approved 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Micro-Schools – Students & Teachers Coming Together
- DeKalb Schools New 2020-2021 School Calendar
- Results – School Re Opening Survey
- DeKalb Notice of Property Tax Increase
- Opening Schools in Metro Atlanta
- DeKalb Schools Re-Opening Update
- Survey Results – DES 4/5 Academy Site Name
- DeKalb Schools Re-Opening Framework
- Public Input on Name of DES 4/5 Academy
- DeKalb Schools – FY2021 Budget Considerations
- Meeting 2 – Naming Committee – DES 4/5 Academy
- DeKalb Schools Approves TSA Settlement
- Cheryl Watson-Harris – DeKalb Schools Superintendent – Sole Finalist
- Meeting 1 – Naming Committee – DES 4/5 Academy
- Officially Naming the DES 4/5 Academy
- CDC’s Considerations For Schools
- Virtual Classrooms – The Future of DeKalb Schools
- Superintendent Search & Anna Hill, CPA, For Board of Education
- Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremonies
- FY2020 Metro Atlanta Teacher Salary Comparison
- Superintendent Crew – Positive Public Feedback
- Rudy Crew – DeKalb Schools Superintendent – Sole Finalist
- 2020 Graduation Ceremonies – Superintendent Student Advisory Council
- How Do I Claim My ‘A’ And Call It A Year
- DeKalb Schools – End Of Year Guide For Students And Families
- DeKalb Schools Closing – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Central Office Reorg
- 2021 Utilization Matrix
- DeKalb Schools Audit Policy Debate
- FAQ – Fall 2020 Redistricting Plan
- E-SPLOST V Revision Plan
- Fall 2020 Redistricting Elementary Schools
- Trailer Count Across DeKalb Schools
- Nancy Creek Elementary – Immediate Relief For Dunwoody & Chamblee Clusters
- Dunwoody Elementary School Redistricting & Utilization
- Removed SPLOST Projects & GO Bond
- Redistricting Round 4
- Correcting Operations Austin Redistricting Guidance
- DeKalb Schools Volunteer Policy
- New CFO – DeKalb Schools
- Dunwoody Cluster Redistricting – Round 3
- Doraville United Redistricting – Round 3
- 2019 – 7 Year Enrollment Forecasts – Dunwoody Elementary Schools
- 2019 Enrollment Forecasts For Chamblee & Cross Keys Elementary Schools
- Dunwoody – Elementary School – Growth Projections
- Interim Superintendent Ramona Tyson
- DeKalb Schools 2020-2021 Approved Calendar
- Tomorrow Vote Yes-Robert Miller And NO-Revised Ethics Act
- DeKalb Schools 2020-2021 Calendar
- New Visitor and Volunteer Policy
- DeKalb Schools Calendar FactChecker Poll
- Austin Elementary School Redistricting – Round 2
- 2020-2021 Calendar Options
- DeKalb Schools Calendar Update
- Jester Community Town Hall
- Doraville United Redistricting – Round 2
- DeKalb Schools E-SPLOST Project Recommendations
- Public Feedback Results – GO Bond & E-SPLOST Projects
- News & Updates – 10/7/2019
- AP Exams – Return on Investment
- Capacity Determination Guide
- Redistricting First Round Summary – Austin and Doraville United
- Meeting Tonight – Redistricting Dunwoody Cluster Elementary Schools
- Coffee Talk With Stan Jester And Friends
- IEP Accommodations Neglected
- DeKalb Schools 2019 Graduation Rates
- Redistricting – Geographic Proximity – Austin And Doraville United
- DeKalb Schools 2020 Graduation Schedule
- Air Conditioning at Chamblee Charter High School
- Not Fans of the GO Bond
- E-SPLOST/GO Bond Discussion Materials
- 2019 Chromebook Rollout Update
- Cross Keys HS – 2019 Milestones Results