01/12/2015 Work Session
DeKalb Schools Superintendent Search
Timeline for 2014-2015
Letter From PCU
Message From State Rep Scott Holcomb
Message From DeKalb CEO Lee May
DCSD Kick-Off Meeting & Documents (v3)
DCSD Proposed Work Plan Draft
DCSD Stakeholder Engagement (v4)
DCSD Interview Questions for Board Members Community Engagement
Dr. Melvin Johnson (Board Chair)
At the last board meeting, the board approved PROACT to be our superintendent search firm. Gary Solomon, CEO of PROACT, and James Guerra, VP of PROACT, will lead us through the plan of action as we proceed.
Gary Solomon (CEO of PROACT)
As part of our process of working with the board of education and greater community to find the next Superintendent, we’ve outlined a timeline and a process we’ll talk to you briefly about tonight.
Since our last meeting, we have been working with the board of education and the district to identify key members of the community that we can include in our transparent process to select the next superintendent. We spent the holidays identifying locales, times and loosely based schedules and arenas for public engagement sessions as well as identifying community organizations, groups and individuals we should contact as part of the process.
Last month we presented a Timeline and it calls for an extensive amount of community engagement. It calls for a great amount of community engagement in January and February. Getting involved and setup a liaison group to work with the community, PROACT and the board of education. Recruiting, marketing, doing a national campaign to recruit local, national and regional candidates. Ultimately presenting a slate of candidates to the board of education and community for your consideration. Select the next superintendent in June.
Process for stakeholder engagement. We spent some time with the board individually today asking key questions and driving guidelines. Then working with the community we’ll take that information to put together a position profile.
We interviewed the board today and will cull that into a document we can share with the board. At the next board session we’ll present a very concrete plan of engagement with different individuals, groups, times and locations so everybody can agree it’s an inclusive and transparent process.
Stan Jester – Are you going to bring one plan to be approved or bring back a couple of choices?
Gary Solomon – We’ll bring back to you our recommendation.
Stan Jester – Just one plan?
Gary Solomon – We’ll bring back to you our recommendations for a plan.
Jim McMahan – Given that our next meeting is Feb 3, can we align the stakeholder engagement with the calendar.
Gary Solomon – The critical part of the stakeholder engagement is to make known that we are doing it. We’ve been working with Ms Tyson and the administration to chart out a regional and strategic plan to get everybody involved. We are also working on an online survey.
Michael Erwin – Are we going to discuss any part of the draft we had before.
Gary Solomon – Let’s leave that as a discussion document for now. We would like to incorporate the board feedback and bring everything back at the the next board meeting.
- DeKalb Schools Visitor and Volunteer Policy
- DeKalb Schools 2018-2019 Calendar
- Make Lakeside HS Better Not Bigger
- DeKalb Schools 2018 Graduation Rates
- Redistricting For Schools in Chamblee & Brookhaven
- News & Updates – 8/30/2018
- Delay in New Austin ES Opening
- School Readiness Report 2018-2019
- GOP Governor Runoff – Kemp has the Mo
- DeKalb Teachers Get a 2.5% Raise And Start Stepping
- July 2018 – New And Open Principal Report
- Chamblee German Teacher Controversy
- June 2018 – New And Open Principal Report
- Dr. Donnie Davis – New Peachtree Charter MS Principal
- TSA & Annexation – Legal Update
- School Councils Are Now Principal Advisory Councils
- City of Brookhaven Not a Fan of Briarcliff HS Site
- Support for DCSD Bus Drivers
- DeKalb Schools FY 2019 Preliminary Budget
- DeKalb Bus Driver Sick Out
- Location of New Cross Keys Brookhaven High School
- Where to Build the New Cross Keys Brookhaven High School
- Policy Input – Magnet Students Participate in Sports
- Dunwoody HS Trailer Park
- Metal Detectors at YOUR School
- Building Additions – Project Plan and Schedule
- Student Protests Wed – The Plan – County by County
- School Safety – What's the Plan?
- News & Updates – 2/23/2018
- DeKalb Schools New Hires
- Mega High School Construction Update
- Virtual Learning Make Up Days
- Adequate Space Requirements For Mega High Schools
- Student Chromebooks – Update
- Survey – Making Up Days Lost to Inclement Weather
- Lakeside HS Council Not A Fan of the Building Additions
- DeKalb Schools Make Up Days
- DeKalb Schools 2018 – 2020 Calendar
- Which DeKalb Schools Are Beating The Odds
- Protesting Cheerleaders at DHS – The Whole Story
- 2018-2020 Calendar Options
- Emergency Weather – What's The Plan?
- Atlanta & Atlanta Public Schools Annexing DeKalb
- Kids Doc on Wheels Medical Van
- DeKalb Schools 2017 Turnaround, Priority & Focus Schools
- Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremonies Schedule
- 2018-2020 Calendar Update
- DeKalb Turnaround Eligible Schools Trends 2015-2017
- DeKalb Schools – Free Speech….For Some?
- Adding Classrooms is Only Part of the Soluion
- DeKalb Schools Enrollment Capacity Data
- Concerns about Lakeside HS Expansion
- DeKalb Schools 2017 CCRPI Trends
- DeKalb Schools Extends Days in November
- 2017 DeKalb Graduation Rates By High School & Demographic
- Emory Annexation and DeKalb County Schools
- DeKalb Schools – Students Kneel During National Anthem
- Teaching Sexual Behavior Standards At School
- Make Up Days – Public Input
- Plan B – Make-Up Schedule
- Make-Up Schedule – DeKalb Schools
- School Make-Up Days
- DeKalb Schools is Back in Business
- School Recovery Report – DeKalb Schools
- Detailed Status Report – DeKalb Schools
- News & Updates – DeKalb Schools – 9/10/2017
- Google Classroom Vs VERGE – Feedback
- Where Is The New Cross Keys HS Going
- Carstarphen And APS Desire To Expand Into DeKalb
- DeKalb Schools Responds To Poor Curriculum, Assessments and Planning Templates
- Feedback – Curriculum & Assessments
- Trailers at Cross Keys High School
- Monday Solar Eclipse – The Plan
- DCSD Home Football Tickets Now Available Online
- New & Vacant Principals & Assistant Principals
- DeKalb Schools Digital Dreamers
- New Laptops For All DeKalb Teachers and Students
- DeKalb Schools Extends School 1 Hour For Solar Eclipse
- Meet DeKalb Schools' New Assistant Principals
- Tom McFerrin, Dunwoody HS Principal, Is OUT
- Meet DeKalb Schools' New Principals
- What is the Purpose of Public Schools
- Principal and Teacher Vacancy Report And Selection Process
- TSA – Summary Judgement
- Billboard Marketing Campaign
- DeKalb Schools Convocation 2017
- DeKalb Schools – New Fund Raising Policy (KEB)
- Deficit Spending At DeKalb Schools FY2018
- DeKalb Schools FY2018 Tentative Budget
- New Doraville Elementary School – Update
- DeKalb Schools Announces Proposed Property Tax Increase
- City Building Permits For The School District
- Flooding Failing Schools With Money And Employees
- Metro Atlanta Teacher Salary Analysis
- New Fundraising Policy
- Update – DeKalb School Board Meeting 5/15
- Under-Performing Principals Reassigned
- DeKalb Schools Estimated Budget
- My Graduation Ceremony – Open Letter To DCSD
- Austin Elementary School Replacement Project Update