Next Steps For DeKalb Schools
School district administration will develop a cost loaded schedule over the next several months and bond financing to accelerate key projects within the program.
February 2017 – The Board will be asked to adopt a Bond Resolution at its February 2017 Board meeting and approximately $130 million will be made available to accelerate the program.
March 2017 – At the March 2017 Board meeting, staff will present a program schedule to include a full list of projects, budgets, and anticipated start and finish dates.
Staff will immediately begin its procurement process to hire professional design firms to initiate the formal design process for major construction projects. Recommended configuration of classrooms and core space additions will be addressed by the architects and the local schools will have input via its construction committee (appointed by the School Council or charter governing board).
July 2017 – Sales tax revenue collections start for the new E-SPLOST V on July 1.
1. Issuance of Request for Proposals for Program Management Services: December 2016 – Complete
2. Develop cost-loaded schedule and cash flow in support of the Board-approved project list and bond financ-ing: December 2016 – February 2017
3. Issuance of RFPs for new Cross Keys HS and major additions of middle and high schools: January 2017
4. Board adopts Bond Resolution for $140 million issuance: February Board meeting (estimated Feb. 6, 2017)
5. Announcement of timing and selection of construction committees for the new Cross Keys HS and major additions of middle and high schools: February 2017
6. Bond funds ($140 million) available to the District: February/March 2017
7. Board approval of E-SPLOST project budgets and anticipated start and finish dates: March Board meeting (estimated March 6, 2017)
8. Sales tax revenues collections start for new E-SPLOST: July 1, 2017