It’s official. Roughly 1700 students, mostly in elementary school, will find themselves redistricted into a new school this Fall 2016. Last night the board approved the following Cross Keys Redistricting Plan (which is slightly different than the plan released in February). This will result in a net reduction of approximately 30 portable classrooms in the Cross Keys Cluster.
Even though all the affected students originate from Title I schools, Superintendent Green asserted they will not see a loss in services. Dr. Norman Sauce, Principal at Chamblee Charter High School, addressed the board saying that Chamblee Charter High School welcomes the new Cross Keys students to their school and is happy to be part of the solution. Marshall Orson, District 2 board representative, expressed the same sentiment for Fernbank and Briar Vista elementary schools.
Elementary School Moves For Fall 2016
- Redistricting 61 Woodward ES students to Briar Vista ES
- Redistricting 269 Montclair ES students to Fernbank ES
- Redistricting 394 Montclair ES students to new Former ISC school (new K-5 school)
- Redistricting 444 Dresden students to Montclair ES
- Redistricting 301 Cary Reynolds students to Dresden ES
High School Moves For Fall 2016
- Redistrict approximately 232 students from Cross Keys HS to Chamblee HS